A. The building or hall must be unlocked and available no less than four (4) hours prior to the starting time of the engagement. Failure to do this may result in a delay in the starting time of the performance.
B. ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. To ensure an uninterrupted "Casper" performance due to power loss, please provide a 220-volt, 50 amp female range receptacle, grounded or non-grounded. You may think that 220 power is not available in your building or place of event, but almost without exception all buildings have 220-volt power available. All that is required is the proper electrical connection. Notify Casper for alternate 220-volt connections if the plugs detailed below are not available.
2. Standard 110 volt residential type receptacles may be provided instead of the 220-volt power we have requested. However, Casper's experience has shown that this method of providing power is generally unreliable for our use and carries with it the risk of possible power interruptions. This is an inconvenience to your event and unprofessional for Casper. This should be avoided if at all possible.
3. If you choose to provide this type of power we will need a minimum of 5 outlets, each on its own dedicated 20 amp circuit (breaker). Please investigate this thoroughly prior to the event.
4.Please make every effort to provide the 220-volt power to insure an uninterrupted performance.
C. If there is over one (1) flight of stairs or greater than 75 feet of walking distance between the truck unloading area and the stage, the Presenter must furnish at least two (2) stagehands to assist in the unloading and reloading of Casper's equipment. Otherwise, the Presenter must pay an additional fee of $200.00, so that Casper may obtain the necessary stagehands prior to the engagement.
D. Payment must be made in cash or certified check payable to O. Casper, Inc..
E.A private dressing room to accommodate nine (9) persons must be provided. Dressing room must be stocked at load-in time with ice, water, soft drinks and cups. Casper requests a hot meal for 9 persons prior to performance time or on band breaks if necessary. Suggestions include pizza, pasta, Chinese food, service from the buffet provided for guests of the event, etc. Subs or deli trays with condiments and bread are acceptable if hot food cannot be provided.
F. A $20.00 per Diem charge per band member per day is required for Convention/multiple day booking only.
G.PARKING: Presenter must provide parking for 2 vehicles (one (1) 24 foot truck and one (1) passenger van) at no cost to the artist.
II. SUGGESTED PROVISIONS
A. To perform to the maximum, Casper needs a stage of at least 30 feet wide and 15 feet deep. If this is not possible, the Presenter should make an effort to ensure as much staging area as possible.
B. Radio, poster, newspaper and marquee advertising should be employed at least two (2) weeks prior to the performance date. Casper will also help you publicize your event on their web site and through their online mailing list. To do this, please send information about your event to Casper@CasperBand.com as soon as your event details are finalized.
Video taping of Casper's performance is allowed for private use only. Client agrees to provide Casper with a free copy of any professionally videotaped performance (in any of the following formats: DVC PRO, DV, BETA-SP or SVHS) no later than 4 weeks after the performance. Tape should be sent to:
c/o EastCoast Entertainment
703 Southlake Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23236
OUTDOOR EVENT RIDER
The Presenter understands that outdoor events, in particular those without alternate indoor facilities, are risky due to inclement weather conditions and that the Presenter is prepared to assume responsibility for the risks involved.
For safety purposes, Casper will not be obligated to perform on wet or damp surfaces or under conditions where precipitation poses a safety threat to the musicians, road crew or their equipment. For health reasons, Casper will not be obligated to perform in an outdoor environment where the temperature is less than 55 degrees Farenheit.
THE PRESENTER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Should unsafe performing conditions or inclement weather, as defined above, prevent Casper for performing, the full amount contracted is due to Casper upon demand.
2. Upon arrival of Casper, their road crew or equipment, the Presenter will determine where Casper should set up their equipment. Should conditions change and become unacceptable, as defined above, after Casper has begun to set up, the Presenter is obligated to pay Casper upon demand. Casper will not begin to set up more than once, as they are not obligated to set up a second time.
3. Should the Presenter decide to utilize an alternate indoor location in anticipation of inclement weather and the inclement weather conditions fail to materialize, Casper is not obligated to set up their equipment a second time. Casper will perform at the Presenter's indoor location and will be paid in full upon demand.
The purpose of this rider is to inform the Presenter of the risks and obligations of sponsoring an outdoor event and to clarify the provisions involved with the primary problems of outdoor events: inclement weather and unsafe staging area.
DETAILED SPECIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL POWER REQUESTED:
50 amp, Single Phase, 125/250 Volt, 3-Pole, 3-Wire, (NEMA 10-50r receptacle) or 50 Amp, Single Phase, 125/250 Volt, 3-Pole, 4-Wire Grounding (NEMA 14-50r receptacle). See diagram at the left. Electrical service shall meet or exceed current electrical codes. This would include (but not limited to) wire gauge (wire sizes). Wire gauge for 50 amp service is a minimum of 6 gauge copper.
One generator must be provided for Casper band use. Multiple generators for Casper use are unacceptable.
Generator must be capable of 25 KW minimum, 35 KW is recommended.
Generator must be capable of maintaining a consistent 110 volt to 125 volt, single phase, 50 amp (minimum), 60 cycle, plus or minus 10%; 0-load to full load service.
The generator must be diesel powered and designed to provide electrical power for computer operated equipment.
Generator must be supplied with power plug receptacle as described above, or connection for bare wires. Casper will make the necessary connection.
Generator is to be for Casper use only.
The Generator should be located 50 to 100 feet from the stage, 200 feet maximum.
Presenter of event is responsible for the quality and reliability of the electrical power generator and will replace at no charge to Casper any and all Casper equipment damaged by the use of the generator, either by gross negligence, accident or malfunction of the generator unit.
Thank you and best wishes for a successful engagement!
PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO YOUR EASTCOAST ENTERTAINMENT REPRESENTATIVE.